CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

One last random thought

It was in the 80's and 90's for a few weeks- ok, maybe it was above 70 for 2 days. So I assumed it was summer, shut off the heat, opened the windows and started wearing summer clothes. Suddenly today it is about 40 degrees and then I remembered tha sometimes it snows in Boston in May. Good thing I didn't open the pool. But now I seem to have done something to my heat so it thinks it has to keep the house at a comfortable 32 degrees. As long as the hot flashes continue, it's ok. But now my cheapness is kicking in. People want to buy my house. I am having all these home inspections and frankly, I will probably accept whatever they offer because I have a get out of jail free card if they offer less than what I owe on the mortgage. (Good time to have cancer when the economy is a mess.) So do i fix the heat, or maybe just go on a vacation somewhere warm? I have also refused to fix the dryer and have taken to throwing out dirty clothes unless I really like them and just buying new ones. For the clothes i don't throw out, I am waiting for the laundry fairy.

This is really what i want to do. Take every single thing out of my house, have a yard sale, at which I will suck and charge 25 cents for everything, give the rest away to the Salvation Army and then with my handful of possessions , move into a tiny cave where i shun all material possessions except shoes and don't have to worry about fixing things. Well except its not really a cave but my friend's apartment with a walk in closet for me and a gym in the basement. But I still plan to shun some material possessions (my new monk-like better person, having learned from cancer.) I am totally shunning my kitchen table and its mis-matched chairs and I am also shunning the tv in the living room that has recently started to make a funny noise. And that green table that I bought at IKEA that was supposed to be a desk in the office but only works if you are a midget. And I will shun that painted wood furniture unless Laura wants it as a reminder of how we should never become interior decorators. And all my kitchen appliances, except my kitchen aid mixer, consider yourselves shunned as well. I am down-sizing and simplifying. Maybe having done all this I can save up enough money to buy a Cadilac Escalade. Only kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy