CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

hair and margaritas

I think my hair grew a little bit last night. And I had a dream I had a full set of eyelashes. Clearly this means the chemo is leaving my body and I can move on to the next pain in the ass cancer treatment that will be better because I will have hair. Even if I have to end up getting a bikini wax, i am good with this. Now i have a month to chill and then a "minor" surgery on the lymph nodes which I already planned with my boss to do without really taking any sick time off. Then they will leave me alone for at least another month before radiation starts, so although I will not have my real boob til the fall, it sounds like the whole summer is going to be a lot easier in terms of treatment than the winter was. And you can buy bathing suits with fake boobs on them. Well, I can. You probably don't need to.

I think all the numbness and pain was supposed to be temporary so I am giving them one more week to go away before i do something about it. Like complain. It would be better if the numbness was some place where it would be an advantage, like a place i wanted to get a tattoo or body piercing. What, I am too old for that? Don't think so. Cancer trumps old age. Oh, I mean to say, middle age since having survived cancer, i will probably now live to over 100. Don't worry, kids. As long as you start reproducing soon (this is to meghan, not laura. Laura you need to finish college and hopefully get a job first.) your children will end up being the ones putting me in a home and telling me it is a cruise ship. As long as it has a bar. all this abstinence from alcohol during chemo will probably make me a bigger drinker in my old age. What abstinence, you say? Meghan can swear to this. Every time they came in during chemo, asking me if I wanted something to drink, i always either said water, diet coke, or juice. And please keep in mind that chemo was always on Margarita Thursdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy