CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

addiction

You know how alcoholics go to different liquor stores so that people won't know how much they drink? This i don't happen to know from personal experience as my abuse of alcohol has usually limited itself to restaurants and bars, as making drinks at home is too similar to cooking, which is something i suck at. Like that pool party when i didn't realize that the pina colada mix that I was adding to the rum already had rum in it. Anyway, chemo is sreiously interfering with my ability to drink to excess, so that is not what this is about.

This is about the fact that i just went to TWO SEPARATE Dunkin Donuts for coffee rolls. I do not want the strangers at the Rte 18 Dunkin Donuts to know about the extent of my coffee roll abuse. This is very sad. There are no 12 step programs for it, and once again, i blame it on cancer. When I was home, recuperating from surgery or whatever i was doing- mainly watching wife-swap- I decided i could not become one of those people who never left the house, so i had to go out every day, even if it was just to Dunkin Donuts. This was safe. They have a drive-through, so appropriate clothes and make-up were not required. Easy enough to do. So I needed a reason to go to Dunkin Donuts and the coffee might actually keep me more awake than i needed to be while recuperating from cancer, hence coffee rolls.

They are not even that good, unless you get them first thing in the morning, which is not a time of day i acknowledge unless I have to go to work, and i don't get coffee rolls on the way to work because they are too messy- you walk into work covered in those little sugary things that fall off the rolls it is difficult to deny your addiction. So the coffee rolls are just a day-off thing for me now, but clearly my addiction is growing as I feel the need to vary the Dunkin Donuts I attend. it is a good thing they are on every corner.

Note to self: get it in writing from Barbie the plastic surgeon that they will take the coffee roll fat from my stomach to construct my new boob. Otherwise, i am screwed. I may have to look into exercise, although that is a last resort, as I am not entirely sure that that is not what caused my cancer in the first place. I vaguely remember starting an exercise regime last fall (regime- running for two days in a row. By running, I mean walking unless a car drove by, then pretending to run.) Anyway, i am pretty sure it was right after i started running that I got diagnosed with cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy