CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

plan B

OK, I have decided to stop feeling sorry for myself. Besides if I drink all the time, I will start to look old. SO i am developing a Plan. If anyone who reads this has been through this or knows someone who has, feel free to give me advice. I will meet with my oncologists as soon as possible and find out my options. Then I will talk to a couple of other oncologists and see what they say. Then I will choose whatever conventional medical treatment I think is best. I will also start with the unconventional stuff, too. Reiki, guided imagery, etc. Not without teliing my doctors, as I was warned by an oncology nurse who went drinking in the north end with me.

Then, i am going to have as much fun as I can, just in case. Already several friends have agreed to go sky diving. I am seriously thinking of trading in my car for a sports car. I will find my passport and travel as much as i can. And i am going to get laid more. All these guys who say a missing boob wouldn't bother them, well I just may take them up on it. There's other stuff, too; I am going to have to make a list. Going to the beach every day is good. I have a ton of really good people in my life and I am going to start spending more fun time with them. This does not mean that I think I am going to die from this. It's very unlikely that I will. But it was enough of a scare that I realized that what is important is to be happy with people you love. Not telling them that in a year or two, we'll do this but just doing it now.

And anyway, I am too strong to let some stupid cancer that managed to hide from the nastiest chemotherapy in the world get to me. I am pretty good at surviving bad stuff. I will kick this cancer's ass. And then I will take a nap.

2 comments:

  1. Also, for reiki, etc check www.centerforcancer.org. I work there now but used to go to their support groups - they have reiki, guided imagery, and a bunch of other modalities all for us lucky cancer people...

    ReplyDelete

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy