CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

posthumous degrees

Well lately I have been reading a lot about people getting graduate degrees awarded to them after they died. Well,maybe once I read one article and it might have been in People Magazine in a doctor's office. Anyway, WHY? The main point of getting a graduate degree is to brag about it. "Hey, loser, I have a PhD from Harvard.....oh wait a minute, I am dead, never mind." So, in the afterlife, you say you have a doctorate degree, and they are not going to be able to tell that you didn't get it while you were alive? Maybe there are different cliques in heaven, or hell, or whatever there is out there and they wear T shirts to differentiate each other, "I got my college degree when I was still alive, not like these other losers."

This made me think of a good idea. " Dear Harvard Medical School, I am aware of your practice of randomly awarding degrees to dead people. i have cancer and could die at any minute. It would be more helpful to me if you awarded my my posthumous degree while i am still alive. A medical degree would be very useful to me right now as there are a number of prescriptions I need to write out for myself and my close friends and i really don't want to bother my real doctors, who recieved thier degrees while alive. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation."

Just to be on the safe side, i am going to start requesting post-humous MBA's because I may have to start my own company on the off chance that existing ones don't hire people with posthumous degrees that they earned while actually alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy