CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

independence day

ok so I declare my independence from sitting around waiting til I was over cancer to start having fun. I'm working all weekend, and you know what? I really like my job and the people i work with. Generally since the surgery if i work, I just go home and rest. But yesterday, my friend Denise, who I knew when I was 12 and have probably seen her 4 times since then- our families were best friends when we were little kids- anyway, we found each other on facebook and she has been inviting me to do stuff for months and of course I was always too tired, or too busy having cancer, etc. No more. Went over for dinner and met her kids and new husband, very very nice people. And lawyers, no less. Not her kids. They are too young. But lawyers who are funny and are great cooks and just very comfortable to hang around. After dinner we went to her sister Terri's house. Terri is a little older and in fact, was my babysitter when I was young. Like 20. Not really. I had such a great time connecting with this family that had been such a big part of my life so long ago and you know, it was as if no time had passed at all. I saw fireworks, i drank champagne and ate cheesecake and i flirted with a happily married anaesthesiologist with a cool accent. Yes, it is possible to flirt with one boob and very little hair. I am relearning my flirting skills. Coming up- a day at the beach and then in a week or two sky diving at the Cape. And I am going to start wearing false eyelashes all the time, except swimming and sky diving.

On the way home from work, i passed a red convertible Mitsubishi eclipse. I am going to go look at it my next day off. It is definitely time for a red sports car for babs.

because the other stuff I am starting is a little less glamorous. Looking into what kind of nutrition you need with cancer. I am guessing that the brownies and potato chips I had today are not part of it. Also investigating all the complementary and alternative treatments for cancer to go along with the medical stuff that is tried and true well usually except not for me this time. Found a place with reiki, massage and acupunture, meditation, guided imagery and some other touchy feely stuff I forget, all of which my insurance covers. Why the hell not. I deserve it.

And maybe, just maybe, this time I will arrange my medical care around my vacationing in the Carribean time. Just as soon as i find my passport. Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy