CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

back to whining

Having cancer is very worrisome. Sure, the health concerns, and the time away from work and less income, and the lack of appropriate pain medications are something of a concern. But now I REALLY have something to worry about. My hair is starting to grow in. Mainly on my head but I just noticed some on my legs, too. I don't mind the hair on the legs. Now the hair on my head is about 1/8 of an inch long and a little fuzzy. It hasn't grown to the point to where you can tell what color it is. That is the problem. It looks kind of a dull shade of blond, which is what I would have expected. That is probably the color it would be without hair coloring, or "natural highlights" as I like to call it, as I enjoy lying. But here is the source of my worry. Right now, you can't tell what color it is going to come in, and one of the possibilities would be um, gray. Not that i think it would eventually come in gray because I don't really have the DNA for gray. And of course I have tools to make my hair whatever color i want. Having been without hair, I appreciate it more. Sort of like my left boob. I am not sure how soon one can dye ones hair after it comes back after chemo. Looks like if I did that now, it would just color my head. When totally bald, I did not mind going around au naturel because bald didn't look bad. But something that could be gray is not something I want to advertise. OK, this is where the five wigs and 500 scarves will come into play. I am surprised that no one has invented some kind of dye for new chemo hair. Clearly there are not enough people aware of the real things people with cancer worry about.

2 comments:

  1. My hair was light brown (and long and straight pre chemo). Post chemo it came in GRAY AND CURLY! I called it my sheep's butt look - see my blog from around April 2008 for more details. But now it has returned to its normal, natural pre-chemo color. My advice is as soon as you can go talk to your stylist and ask her how long until she can cut and shape it and it will start to look better. I had less and less gray after each hair cut. Also, there are some natural hair dyes around that you can use on chemo hair - try Whole Foods I believe. But its hair so you can be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I would take any kind of hair now. My doctor was saying she thought this is like "baby" hair and a different kind of hair would grow in permanently. What is your blog address again?

    ReplyDelete

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy