CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

post-surgery

I couldn't write for a while because of lymph node surgery. I was thinking lymph node-boob, but this was more lymph node-arm. Might be time for that nursing school refresher course. Of course I am such a pro at all this now, I was in and out in a matter of hours, not days as I thought and yes i was just a little disappointed that i did not get to stay in the hospital lying down, medicating myself and being waited on hand and foot. Which never happens anyway. Apparently my recovery time was amazing, as were all of my vital signs, labs, etc. I have really become much healthier since getting cancer. Maybe they were wrong and it is all a mistake. if so, At this point, I am not pointing it out until I get my new c-cup. Of course i noticed one bad thing about being so healthy and having cancer. They apparently don't think I need big pain meds. DARVOCET? Really? Although it is fine while I am just sitting around with no bigger effort to make than changing the channell on the remote- I cannot find Lifetime on Cindy's tv, so I have switched to the e network. Wait a minute, maybe its E I can't find so have switched to the lifetime movie network- 24/7 movies about battered women who kill their husbands. Apparently this is what women want to see on TV. So anyway I am going to have to trade these darvocet in for hard core narcotics before returning to work.

You know, in the old days, because i am right handed, and all my stuff is on the left, surgery wouldn't have been that big a deal. But now, who writes? All communication is either on computer or texting, so it doesn't really matter anymore if you are right or left handed. Maybe eventually we will evolutionize to the point where nobody has a right or left handed-ness. (Maybe I mis-spoke about the darvocet, I apparently just made up two words, three if you count mis-spoke.) So my mind is sort of trash right now. The closest thing to reading a good book that I have done was financed laura's tatoo of some line from a Nabokov novel. Gone are the days of tatoos being something you get while drunk of a heart with MOM written inside it on your biceps. Well they are probably not really gone. i will probably do something similar when I am completely done with cancer, or pretend-cancer, whichever one it turns out that I have. But tattoos are more intellectual these days. I blame Angelina Jolie. I actually blame her for a lot of stuff, although if it ever becomes cool to adopt old people (you know like if you adopt so many kids that you need extra grandparents to go around,) I would like her and brad to adopt me. I would keep my other kids as well, but maybe they could give me a spending allowance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy