I love the people I work with. Tonight my friend Colleen, who I have not hung around with since forever, was working a moonlighting job on the same campus I work at and we had a great dinner together. I need to remember that if I want a shift to go by fast, just take a long break in the middle.
Then we went out after work where I altered my cancer diet slightly to have a chocolate volcano, which was mostly healthy cancer fighting food except for a few things. And I talked all my young co-workers into having babies without husbands because hey it worked for me.
So back to WHY I DO NOT HANG AROUND WITH PEOPLE MY OWN AGE (except for a few people, who live in California, you know who you are.)
1. They have those plastic cases of pills and when to take them.
2. They talk about their grandchildren in that old-grandparent way. I have nothing against being a grandparent, in fact I text meghan daily saying this might be a good day to get knocked up, but I plan on being the cool kind of grand parent like that woman in the Jennifer Anniston movie who had slept with Kevin Costner.
3. They say things like "any day you're alive is a good day." Well, sorry, WRONG! If you drive all the way to the Cape, and it rains, it is not a good day. Whether or not you're alive.
4. They get more politically conservative. That's fine, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. I just don't want to hear about it.
5. They think women have to be protected from certain things.
6. They go out to dinner too early.
7. They go to bed too early.
8. They insist on driving, even though they drive like psychopaths and their cars smell funny.
9. Sorry, I have no interest in hearing about your ex-wife (wives.) I can kind of figure out why it didn't last.
10. Older guys, not too sexy, viagra or not. Women improve with age, men not so much.
Aside from chocolate volcanoes, I have been following my complementary and alternative cancer-killing regime pretty well. I actually meditate (with varying degrees of success,) and get massages both at radiation and at my massage place. Also i bought some kind of book about something related to all of this and when I find it I will read it.