CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Glowing praise

I think I will put a cancer joke on every blog from now on. They are someone elses,not mine. Though I am pleasantly surprise I am not the only one who sees cancer as funny. here is Joke:1

It has been reported that the breast cancer rate would be cut in half if women would eat a low-fat diet. Now, if a woman has already lost half her breasts, can she go back to square one and eat a high-fat diet?

I am saving the raunchy ones for later.

I am very very relaxed after getting probably the best massage ever. Women with breast cancer who get massages get healthier faster than those who don't. Sounds right.

The other day my friend Denise gave me a present which was a shirt-type garment of very soft cotton and velcro straps, meant to replace the old-school boring ugly johnny that you always have to wear in the hospital. Or radiation. It is called a Jilli. I wore it to rad. the other day and the staff absolutely loved it. I gave them whatever info I had on it. Today i walked in to the waiting room and they had photo-copied my info and set out brochures about the Jilli in the waiting room! One of the texts saw me in my Jilli and asked, "Have you always been so fashionable and artsy?" Yes, I have, I replied. That's me, fashionable and artsy. I am kind of a fashion trend setter in the radiation therapy world. I really impress myself sometime. If anyone wantsmy autograph, just email me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    Love your blog. Thanks for writing about JILLIES. So glad you like yours. We designed it just for the reasons you listed, it's soft, easy to get into, stylish, and not a boring tattered ugly recycled hospital Johnny. If the clinic you are being seen at would like some brochures, I'd be happy to send them. Let me know where and I'll pop them in the mail. Spread the word, we want all women being treated to have a JILLIE of their own to wear! Say no to Johnnies and yes to JILLIES.
    Margie@jillies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I gave the info about the radiation clinic to Denise. The staff there has already made pamphlets about the jillies, after photocopying the info I had that came with it. But they also have two other locations. I was thinking that you should get my address from Denise and send me a bunch of brochures and I will leave them at Mass General Cancer Boutique and the medical waiting rooms. Also, I am going for the look good feel good (or whaterever it is, I call it free makeup for cancer patients) tomorrow and I will bring it up then as well.

    ReplyDelete

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy