CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

health and fitness advice.

As i walked in to the apartment building, two women outside said they liked my hair. Hair, not bald head. People think I intentionally cut my hair extremely short. I am psyched. I no longer look like a cancer patient. However, I will save my hospital bracelet and leave it in the car in case I am ever pulled over by police. And I really like living in an apartment and seeing other people all the time. Especially when they like my hair.

So i am pretty much living at Cindy's although the house is still waiting for the bank to say it's ok to be sold. Also, I still have a bunch of stuff there that I am just too lazy to sort through and move or throw out or give away or whatever.

So I had radiation today and I think it is working. I feel better already. And, in fact, i felt so healthy afterwards, I went to stop and shop and bought healthy food. I even walked through the bakery and only got a loaf of whole grain bread. And i had a brilliant idea of how to stay on this anti-cancer diet. I will have salads for breakfast! See, I am only less than half-awake in the morning so i won't notice so much all the gross healthy shit I am eating. I considered but then decided against having the daily glass of red wine at that time as well. In fact, i am going to buy a book to learn about what kind of red wine is good and so forth so that I will be able to order in a restaurant something other than "the least disgusting red wine you have." And also, I may be able to stop trying to convince myself that Mike's hard cranberry lemonade is as good as red wine because it is the same color and alcohol content.

I noticed that my selective hair growth has been pretty good for me, after all. The eyebrows and eyelashes came in right away so i am able to wear eye makeup again. This was probably the most important thing that has happened in the course of my treatment. And my hair on my head, of course, being complimented by total strangers. But as of yet, i really haven't grown any hair under my arms. And I haveto shave my legs way less often than before cancer. It is about time something good happened. oh yes and I will not lose sight of the upcoming boob job after radiation.

Wow, eating healthy makes you really boring. I am going to go out and buy a goldfish-bowl size glass for my one glass of red wine per day and then maybe i will write something more interesting. Never mind, i just remembered i banned myself from blogging under the influence. Do you think there might be a market out there for computers and cell phones with breathalyzers?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... here's a wine glass for you. http://www.homewetbar.com/Giant-Extra-Large-Wine-Glass-p-580.html

    I might need one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have always been beautiful and always will be.. A truly inspiring human being

    ReplyDelete

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy