CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Monday, September 27, 2010

House sitting

Here is some good advice if you are ever a house-sitter. Either house-sit for people stupider than you, or bring your own books. If borders wasn
t down the street, I would be reading myself to sleep with Prosser on Torts. Actually, Denise and David have a book called "George Bush's Brain," AND IT IS NOT A COMEDY!!!!!!

Even better advice- of course I am the only one who would do it and it is a little funny. So here I am house-sitting a nice house where they have all sorts of dinner parties because they have the right kind of kitchen appliances. I convince myself (they also have a lot of wine here, too) that it was only for lack of appliances that I can't cook, so decide to have people over for a dinner party on Saturday to celebrate my cancer-free-ness. The plan was to look through the cook books, find something fancy, cook it and fees people. Worst case, it sucks, we have a million restaurants up the street. So I invite a million people (well maybe 10 and that's pushing it.) Also I invite people over after work on Friday for wine. There are cats here and I am a little allergic to them, so I take a few benadryl, which I forget makes me awake instead of asleep. I do not sleep til 8 am Saturday because my friend's daughter comes over and is on that sleep all day work all night schedule. So then I sleep through the entire time of the would-be dinner party. Most people call, get no answer and do not come. But my familiy members- Peggy my sister, Mark my black son and meghan and Chris actually come!! Sorry guys. Can't even use the cancer card. How about the insanity card. Whatever happened, though, I suspect it was better than having to eat my cooking. Until I re-invent myself as someone who can cook.

So please do not buy me cooking appliances for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy