CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

reiki

On thursdays they have free reiki-massage-acupressure- all that touchy-feely stuff I love. Apparently I am full of positive energy. I am thinking of charging people money to touch me. But that might not be good karma. After the reiki, I felt the best, healthiest and most upbeat I have felt recently. I know some pepople think it is blah-blah-blah, but I am certainly open-minded enough to believe that we certainly don't know everything there is to know, and that Western medicine isn't the only way to tackle an illness. Although I am not going to give up the doctors at Mass General. I actually took Reiki I when I worked at childrens. I got the certificate the same day I got admitted to the Federal Bar. I remember thinking that I was probably the only member of the federal bar certified in Reiki. But probably not. A lot of nurses become lawyers and a lot of nurses take reiki so there is probably some intersection there.

So I am kind of at one with nature,in harmony with the world and grounded. I walk outside in pretty places (in between shoe shopping.) and meditate when there is nothing good to read or on TV. Soon, I will be radiating such positive energy, kids and dogs will be following me down the street. Plus I'll be radiating real radiation, as well, so they had better not get too close.

I really believe in this alternative-complementary stuff and think it will help fight cancer along with the traditional medical treatments. And even if it doesn't, it sure is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy