CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Am I a famous writer yet? Um.......no.

I am so excited to have 11 followers. I would have been happy with 10, an even number. So if I had some political platform, I could talk about it now, with all my followers. Sorry, Don't have one. Except that I hate republicans. Otherwise, I am not too into politics.

I am done with having cancer. My kids and my friend who is a doctor have said since I have no active cancer hanging around, I cannot act like I have cancer and need to have people be nice to me. Well that is true. But keep an eye on the blog, as things change so quickly I may need people to be nice to me ASAP.

Now I think I should have a mission to help people with worse cancer than me feel better. There was a woman ahead of me at radiation who was having a bad day. She looked worse than me. In fact, when I go to radiation, I feel like a beauty queen, because everyone else is : Old, Cancerous and Old. Not me.

I am old, cancerous and don't look like it. So far. So I guess I can't make people be nice to me by playing the cancer card. My hair is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long. Soon I can dye it- reddish brown, like the kid I had to see at the adolescent unit tonight with head lice. Lucklily my hair is too short for that stuff. Funny that when they called my unit for a nurse to come over and check it out, everyone thought I would be the best one. Like I am an expert on head lice, because I worked at Children's Hospital.Or maybe because I have had kids who have had head lice at some point in their lives. Anyway, I am an expert at it now, my diagnosis was taken at face value. No bugs on me.

Now I know I have said this before, but fuck it is my blog and I can say whatever. I have been a psych nurse for over 20 years. I have worked with all kinds of people, some who have become famous, some who I have married, many more whom I have not done so. Anyway, I have to say that the people I work with at Mclean are absolutely the best, the smartest and the coolest people ever. I love this job, although it pays less than some other places I have worked.

Actually it pays a lot less than the Boston Hospitals. But it is worth it for me. I can now live on less money. I can do things that make me happy in my spare time. Like sky diving. I now have almost enough people to sign up for the discounted rate. Granted, I had the idea when I misinterpreted my condition and thought I might be dying soon- I am not- however, I thought what the fuck, I might as well start doing something fun that does not involve a lot of exercise, so here I am going sky diving. I have such a high chance of living more than five years ( per cancer stats) I might as well do that.

BTW, I meant to mention the Jillies website as www.Jillies.com, not whatever else I said. An excellent web site for people who love people with breast cancer to use, at least until I set my own up. Wow, this is the most I have ever written after dri9nking wine. I must immediately go to bed and read my book. I would be really interested in a book about the blacks in the south in the 1920's that is written by a blavk person as opposed to the millions of book I have read about that subject by whites. Not being rascist, just telling it like it is. So whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy