CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

napping for fun and profit

The other day when I ws shopping with Laura instead of going to work, we ran around doing all sorts of things and then were both sort of tired around four in the afternoon. She was saying that in Italy, where he had just been with the rich side of her parethood, this was siesta time and everything closed and everyone took a nap. Wait a minute, isn't siesta a Spanish word? maybe she meant spain or maybe they called it something else or maybe the spanish and italian word are the same, that happens sometimes like with si or gracias. Anyway, why can't we adopt this custom? Americans are such type A assholes ( every single one of them, except me and my friends and readers of this blog, so as not to think I would generalize.) they would be afraid that they would miss a good stock trade, or lose business or miss General Hospital on TV if they napped. But however, they would probably be healthier happier and not as fat. And many republicans would convert to the other side. There are probably scientific studies that show that. I am just kind of pissed that it took me having to get cancer to realize what a great concept this is. Like in nursery school, they would always have nap time. Why did they not continue this idea through high school? Probably would have cut down on juvenile delinquency (is there even such a thing any more? In this state, a kid does something bad, they just try them as an adult, ah but that is the subject of another rant.) also and less drug use by kids. Probably they start using drugs because they are tired!

Simplistic, I know, but some of the greatest ideas are. I have often suggested to my bosses, when talking about new groups to do for psych patients, a napping group. I am sure that has nothing to do with my being encouraged to leave a couple of those jobs. Although I have had unenlightened bosses, that is for sure.

Now that I think of it, that is sort of what meditation is, a short nap in the middle of the day. I would just like to have it be a little longer. So here is an idea. Lets all go into work tomorrow and suggest an afternoon nap for all employees. I will see you guys later at the unemployment office. Unless you work for yourself, like Denise's husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy