CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My big mouth

I noticed yesterday that someone in Honolulu read this blog. if it was not in error, and they read it again, I would just like to tell them that if you like the blog, you might really enjoy me in person and i would be willing to come out and visit you for, say, a month or two. Let me know. Ditto for anyone in France.

This is my week so far. Work, understaffed, stay four hours on the night shift. Work second day, again understaffed and having to stay late just to finish everything. I suppose that is not unusual for most nurses, but I am ALWAYS out the door the minute my shift is over, and frequently before then. Finally a day off and I have to go to the dreaded dentist- who is really quite nice but is nonetheless a dentist.

So anyway last night in the midst of my bitching about work and insisting there was a conspiracy between the day shift and i don't know who, Satan?- to make the evening shift so busy, and complaining about a few other things....I went out to talk to one of my patients that had just come in, a very young, very scared woman-girl who had never been in a psych unit before. At the end of the conversation, she said, how late do you work? I said usually 11:30, maybe a little later tonight. So then she said, will you come and say goodbye to me before you leave? Oh my god it was the sweetest thing and i remember why I do what i do (besides the fact that I am too ADD to run my own law office.) And I took back half of the complaints and the muttered, "Can't you shut her the fuck up?" that I am sure the person in question did not hear.

OK now i am rambling which is not unusual but it is clearly trying to avoid going to the D-word so i will stop. This had nothing to do with cancer, did it? Well read that other woman's blog i wrote about yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy