CANCER SUCKS.....

But it is a little bit funny.

rock and roll chicks

rock and roll chicks
this is me with spiked hair. It's growing in. Not the greatest picture of me, good one of Cindy but this blog is not all about her!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

mothers day ps

So after brunch with the kids, where i figured out exactly how many mimosa's- I mean MOMmosas- I could consume before work. (It was two, not four, nice try you know who...) I worked the evening shift. After three o'clock, I did not eat a single thing that did not contain chocolate. That is why I am so healthy.

In between eating chocolate and watching the Red Sox kick the Yankees's asses finally, I had a great insight while briefly performing my job. I was taking care of a 22 year old girl with post partum depression. It occurred to me that I am better off having cancer than she is with her illness. Nobody is telling me to just snap out of it, or making me feel guilty or like it is my fault that I am sick-well, if i hadn't just cured myself with the chocolate. People feel sorry for and are nice to people with cancer. People make people with mental illnesses feel like they are assholes. I am thinking somebody should start campaigning to make post-partum depression the new breast cancer. I could see walks, and fund raisers. And we could skip the Kentucky Fried Chicken endorsement. I am sure there are many more people with psychiatric illnesses- serious ones, not funny ones like ADD, and I could wrap myself around helping them and taking the stigma away from mental illness. And i am going to started very soon, just as soon as I no longer need to use the cancer card for people to be nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!

steven tyler in a red sox shirt!!!
not bad for an old guy